Thursday, February 20, 2014

Lotto Blues

Another Day, Another Dollar
And I still haven't won the Lottery.

Winning the Lottery is a big big BIG deal, and while I am happy for the people who did win, I do not envy them...OK, maybe I do a little, but that's because 400 million dollars is A LOT of money! But its for the same reason i don't really envy them. OK, So say that you DID win the Lotto, and ended up with that much money, you wouldn't actually GET it. No, The government takes a little over a third of it, and will only give there about of half of it to you if you take a cash payout. If you're like me, and decided against the payout, and would go for 30 years of small payments, that would still get you about 8 million a year after taxes, which a large sum of money undoubtedly. 
But then there is the all troublesome question...What to DO with that money.
I'm not a saint, And I will not say I would give a lot of it to charity, not because I would be lying, but because if i do win, you'll have expectations...>.>
No, if I won the lottery, and it was that much, and I took the annuity, I would save a good portion of it. You see, If and when I become a world famous writer, or win the Lotto, There is a goal that i have. I want to live at Disney World. Seriously, there is an actual housing lot where you can buy a house and live at Disney World! Don't get your hopes up though, since houses there start at 1.8 million. My first year would be the most difficult, due to me wanting to get particular items, but then afterwards it would be a breeze. I would get the house, a car, probably every Classic Disney movie, then a few assorted items. At the end, and i did sit down with a calculator and figured this out, It would come out to leave me with about 3 million for the year. Which is still really good! I mean, my family grew up with about 120,000 a year and there were 5 of us. Just me, with 3 million dollars and living at Disney World? I would pretty much be an over sized 10 year old.
However, despite my dreams, I'm still responsible. I would have to pay for utilities, taxes, and whatever I needed, Which would still leave me with plenty, but then a year would pass by, and i would be given 8 million dollars more. Assuming it all came out to 2 million at the end of the first year, that now would leave me with 10 million dollars and 365 days to figure out what to do with it before it became 18. That would likely be when I would start giving to charity, just to get rid of Excess cash.
Don't Misunderstand, I'm not saying life would be tough, or hard, or at all difficult if I won that kind of money. I'm saying that, For me, It would be to Easy. Sure, lounging by a pool, or watching movies all day, or walking around Disney World sounds like a dream vacation, but what would you think if you did that every day of the year? As cool as it would be, it would also likely drive me insane, but at least I wouldn't have to pay a mortgage.
Plus, being able to work to maintain a certain lifestyle is more fulfilling then just having it. It would give me something to do every day, and without motivation, what good is life?
Anyway, See ya next time~
`Nightingamer

No comments:

Post a Comment